Monday, January 2, 2012

10 weeks

Happy New Year!  It's been a long week but a good one overall.  I found some community message boards on pregnancy.com that help me check in with reality and make sure what I'm going through is normal.  Sometimes the hormones fly kinda high in there... but the smaller groups are more stable.

The New Years Eve concert went well.  It was nice to be playing horn again, but I had no stamina so that plus the hot stage plus my general short-of-breathness meant I had to take lots of breaks... but I was assistant 1st so Gina and I were taking turns on stuff anyway.  She has 3 kids so she gets that I needed lots of breaks and said I could take more, but I got annoyed with taking breaks and pushed myself to do as much as I possibly could.  End result was a pretty good concert and I was exhausted afterward, of course, but we ended up getting a hotel room instead of trying to drive home so that helped.

Today I'm feeling almost normal.  It's been... well, 10 weeks since I've felt normal so I'm hoping it sticks.  I'll be getting together with the girls to exercise tomorrow and maybe later today so we'll see how I do then.  My weight has kept steady, which makes me very happy.  Considering my BMI I don't need to gain much so I'm hoping to keep the gain to 15 pounds or less.  I'm almost through my first trimester and so far so good there.  I'm far less active than I was, but my appetite is much lower so I'm not eating near as much as I would be normally.  I still need lots of fluids and clementines are the best snack ever.

My belly still just feels fat and flabby, but hopefully that will change soon.  I need to catch up on housework after concert weekend, so away I go!


No comments:

Post a Comment