Wednesday, January 11, 2012

12 weeks

I had my first official prenatal appointment with Dr. B on Monday and it went very well :)  Mom went with me because B couldn't get off work, she needed to be up there anyway for her own appointments, and I didn't want to go alone.  It turned out to be a good thing, since she knew more details about our family history than I did so she was able to answer those questions better.  I asked all my health questions, about my heart murmur, super low energy and lung capacity, abnormal paps, etc. and she said it's all completely normal.  She took another pap and thought I might have a little yeast infection.  I'll call tomorrow and see how that culture turned out, if she knows yet.

Ultrasound looks good too :)  Jelly bean grew enough in the last 4 weeks that my due date got shaved off a few days to 7/21 instead of 7/24.  Guess I'm not surprised that last week was a tough week if s/he grew that much!  Jelly bean's hand was up by his/her head and s/he was sleeping during the U/S.  Dr. B tried to wake him/her up by jabbing me lol but s/he just waved us away like "noooooooo i'm sleeping, leave me alooooooooone!"  If s/he sleeps like me, or like B does now (not when he was little tho), then we'll have long sleepy nights soon! :) Not going to hold my breath on that one, but it would be nice anyway.

I'm feeling a bit better since the appointment.  I feel like I can take deeper breaths again, which I haven't been able to do for months, so maybe I can get some energy back and get to exercising again.  I need it... badly... and my house needs me to get caught up.  Luckily I have a 5-day weekend this weekend so I have lots of time to futz around.  I'd like to get the office closet done and get the office rearranged so I can set up the computer we got from Dad, so we'll see how far I get on that.  Really hoping I have the energy for this, I've been putting this project off until I had several days off in a row to allow time for paint to dry and such.

My belly is still just bloaty. :( I haven't gained any weight yet, I weighed exactly the same at my 12wk appointment as I did at my 8wk appointment, and my hips feel a tad slimmer so I know it's baby weight (and bloat) but it certainly doesn't look like a baby yet.  Pooey.  I want a cute baby belly darnit!  Not this fatty bloaty business!  My work pants are starting to get a little tight so I'll have to get some maternity pants or something soon.

I announced the news to Facebook on Monday night and for the next day or so my notifications went crazy! The novelty may have worn off by now but at least I don't have to keep it quiet anymore.  Jelly Bean's doing well, so am I, and that's good enough for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment