Saturday, January 7, 2012

11 Weeks

Wow, what a rollercoaster week.  On Monday I felt like Superwoman and got a bunch of the house cleaned.  It was desperately needed... this place had been seriously neglected. Tuesday I was running to town and back a lot for various appointments and errands, so I didn't get much done, but I still felt okay and was hoping that the good feeling might stick.

Then Wednesday happened.  I went to work and all morning I could feel what I can only describe as my uterus stretching... a lot.  Jelly Bean must have had a growth spurt or something because after lunch my stomach got weirder as each hour went by, to the point that I couldn't eat anything at dinner and I could barely swallow anything to drink for fear of gagging.  It was also a very close call with some actual "morning sickness," which is the feeling I hate worse than anything else, and it left me in tears and shaking.  I laid down for a while and tried to be up after that but still ended up going to bed early since the only thing that helped at all was laying down.  Since then, I've been getting better, but slowly.  I'm back to not being able to tell whether I'm nauseous or overly hungry, to the point that nothing sounds good and I can't swallow much if I tried.  I haven't been this bad since week 7 or something so I hope it's over soon, but it may never be.  Sigh.

My appetite is still really low and my weight has held steady even with my belly expanding, but the bonus part of that is my hips seem a little trimmer :) Can't argue with that.

I've found some message boards on pregnancy.com for ladies due in July, and a couple other offshoots for first time moms and first time moms over 30, so it's been really nice to get to know those ladies and share stories and symptoms.  Sometimes it gets a touch overdramatic, but some of that is just hormones and most of the time I'm stable enough to tell who's being rational and who's not.  Of course, this week I've had my share of tears for no reason.

I have my 12-week appointment on Monday and I'm working on compiling my list of questions.  It's quite a list, considering my heart murmur and the fact that I can't take a deep breath anymore.  I'll keep you all posted on the results and hopefully I'll get a good U/S picture and the blood work will come out good :)  I got on WIC this week and my iron level came up as good, so that's one less thing to worry about for now.  Ta-tah!

No comments:

Post a Comment