Tuesday, December 27, 2011

9 Weeks, Almost 10

The absolute exhaustion didn't last for long.  It was only a couple of days that were that bad, and after that I got 4 days off for the holiday weekend so I could be as lazy as I wanted.  I needed the rest... badly... and maybe I still would've been that exhausted if I had been at work those days too, but luckily I did get caught up on sleep and reading/relaxing, even with Christmas in there and the slight panic that goes with last minute finishing up gifts.  It had been over a month since I was able to just be home for a day, which really drives me crazy so a 4-day weekend where all I had to do was wander between my parents' house and mine occasionally was a godsend.  Every time I sat or laid down there was at least one cat on me.  That got a little old when I was trying to finish up crocheted presents.

It was a nice weekend.  My aunt from Cleveland came out to visit and she'll be here until the 1st or so.  B and I got a good haul of stuff, some of which was gift cards to Kohls that I used about half of and will save the rest for baby stuff or maternity clothes (although their selection sucks... BAD... so yeah, probably baby stuff), we had good meals and some nice relaxing fun.  Yesterday B and I went to Rapid City to shop, which is a dangerous thing to do on the day after Christmas but we didn't have any trouble with it.  I imagine most of the insano traffic was at the mall, which we didn't have to go anywhere near.  It took all afternoon, but I found a comfy pair of yoga pants that dip down in the front, so when none of my other pants fit at least those will.  My work pants are okay for a while still but I was down to 1 casual pair that was remotely comfortable and those are still a bit high in the front to accomodate much more belly, so something had to be done.  I hate shopping for pants.  I'm pear-shaped but until now I didn't have a gut to speak of.  Finding a pair that would work on my thighs but not gap horribly in the back because of my lack of gut was just about impossible.  Now I'm facing a different problem... finding something that works on my thighs, doesn't gap or fall down, and allows comfortably for the growing belly... man I was in the changing room forever. When spring/summer hits I'll probably live exclusively in dresses just because I can.  It'll be a bit tougher in the winter (I do have some sweaterdresses but they need tights or I freeze and those are about as fun to shop for as pants are) but I can get another month at least out of my work pants.  Leggings maybe?  Guess we'll see how it goes.

I've been feeling pretty good, considering.  I crash at about 7pm regardless of whether I napped or not, which is okay since by then I'm done with work and dinner.  The nausea comes and goes and sometimes feels like extreme hunger, so there are times when I can't quite figure out if/what I should eat to feel better so I try a mouthful of a few things to see if any of it helps.  Sometimes it does, sometimes not, but the line between hunger and nausea is very blurry.  It seems like I'm getting clumsier.  Maybe it's the slow mom-brain not being able to keep up with my hand-eye coordination or something... who knows.

Tomorrow (I guess) is the start of week 10, and Jelly Bean is apparently about the size of a kumquat.  I'm not feeling any flutters yet, I don't think... everything feels weird so it's hard to tell what sensations are what anymore lol!  However, I do need to get better about exercising.  This weekend I'll be in Rapid a bunch for the New Years Eve concert, which will require lots of sitting.  LOTS of sitting.  My back will kill me if I don't do some sort of exercise in there too.  Starting next week I'm going back down to 3 days a week at work... which will kinda be nice for nesting and appointments and such, but I'm starting to panic a little about losing $200 worth of income each month.  I'm debating what to do... I've been thinking about taking a training course to become a piano tuner, which I would schedule at my convenience, but the question there is how I come up with the money for the training course if we're already on a tight budget.  We need a new mattress too, for both of our backs, and we need to figure out how to come up with the down payment on that.  Sigh... if only money wasn't so freaking important...

No comments:

Post a Comment