Monday, December 19, 2011

8 weeks

So, how am I feeling? I'm getting used to the idea and trying to relax into it.  Really, we will be fine.  I went to see my OB for the first time a week ago for a mini-consult to make sure everything's fine.  I was told at my first appointment that I'm high risk because of the heart murmur I've had since 1st grade, which has caused me no problems except I get tired faster than other people.  All that meant was I wasn't very good at sports...which I wasn't anyway, and after a few years of trying I didn't care anymore since I'm not a competitive person.  I much prefer dance, music, theater, all that stuff so it really didn't bother me that I couldn't run track or play basketball.

Physically, I run out of steam at about 7-7:30 pm, almost like clockwork.  It's getting frustrating because I work until 5pm 4 days a week so by the time I get home and have dinner and relax a little, I crash.  Not just tired but easy to work through.  No, I almost can't move I'm so tired.  I'm easily chilled, but the nausea I had at first is just about gone.  I can't eat much at a time and I need a snack a couple of hours later, but that's a planning issue more than anything else.  I'll get the hang of it.  I haven't gained very much weight yet, thankfully.  I'm trying not to gain much since my BMI is on the high side.  I'm needing a lot more to drink than usual, so of course my mom says "DIABETES!" lol but it's normal to need lots of liquids since I'm producing so much more blood and growing a new person.

My OB, Dr. B, didn't say anything about the murmur, all she did was ask how I was feeling, having any cramping or spotting, then did a vaginal ultrasound to check on the Jelly Bean.  It's just fine, good strong heartbeat (but didn't check the heart rate yet), good placement, good size.  That was all a big relief to me.  Doing my research online, of course I came across all kinds of people with tubals and strange things like a developed yolk sac but no baby, so I was worried for no good reason.

All is fine.  I'm trying to get some exercise back in, just gentler stuff than I was doing before since my energy level is so low.  Tai Chi feels good to me now, it's mostly upright and takes strength and control but it's entirely up to me how hard I work at it.  Yoga's a bit much and Pilates is right out.  Oops, I forgot to plan dinner... stupid mom-brain. >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment