Thursday, April 26, 2012

27 weeks

I think the 3rd trimester is creeping up on me.  It's getting more difficult to move around, get comfortable, and to keep up with fluids (which is probably more weather-related than anything else, it was 90 here the last 3 days!) and it's almost starting to feel like crunch time.  I still need to get the office rearranged to make room for the dresser, which will include cleaning off the jewelry desk to make room for the sewing machine.  It turned into a sort of catch-all when we redid the closet unfortunately, so I need to work on that, which will probably involve cleaning out my plastic office drawers too so they're actually functional.  See why I haven't started yet? I keep backtracking to figure out where to start!

My Park Lane party went well, all told.  I ended up turning it into a Facebook party and got enough in sales to qualify as a Fashion Director and earn my first little commission!  My friends are AWESOME!  The trick now is to get some parties scheduled.  Hint, hint!  If it's within a day's drive we can plan a weekend visit! ;)  I'm hoping I can get enough from this to be able to afford more than 3 weeks of maternity leave.  It might be a long shot but I have to try.

No gestational diabetes!  All is fine there!  I was very good about exercising last week.  I did my yoga three times, did some daily squats and cat/cow stretches, and worked a little harder on meals.  I've kept gaining but I don't think it's been as much as it was last month.  We'll see how that looks on Tuesday and how bad of a reaming I get from Dr. B.  B is almost back up to his weight before the accident so he's happy about that and he was pretty good about helping out when he could, though he still has no stamina. 

B had his surgery on Tuesday.  We had to get up at 4am to get him there, but it's done and even the surgeon seemed relieved.  The abscess cavity was still pretty big, but he got it all cleaned out and they placed another chest drain to keep the blood from building up and an epidural for the pain.  Today he's off the epidural (it fell out in the night...) and on a morphine drip, but he's up and moving around well.  The general plan is to get him home on Tuesday, but he can go home as soon as he can handle the pain without the heavy narcotics, which I suspect means as soon as we get the drain out since that's probably a major factor in his pain.  Dr. G mentioned after the surgery that he might be going home with the drain... personally, I hope they take it out before he goes home because he'll heal up very quickly once the hunk of plastic is gone. 

Un-fun but not entirely unexpected news, they did a culture on the infection and while the yeast is gone it did come up with some staph.  Eew.  We knew it was still infected in there but it didn't smell yeasty anymore, so we weren't very surprised about that.  This just means different antibiotics.  The infection doctor admitted that the heavy use of antibiotics in the first place caused the yeast to grow, but staph is very common in a liver abscess.  B made her promise not to keep him in the hospital just because she was worried about us affording the medication again.  We'll get the meds, there's no point in racking up the hospital bill any more than absolutely necessary. 

Tonight, I need to get groceries and stay home and catch up on the dishes and such that has been neglected since Monday.  I'll do some yoga too.  That will probably do me in for the night lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment